About moi

My photo
I'm awful at updating blogs; as I am typing and spelling... I'm a flautist and dabble in some guitar, piano and singing. I also have an interest in writing and history (nerd I am not). Marmite lover and synesthete; owner of two cats and a goldfish. Don't like planes much and I find octopuses (or is that octopi?) pretty creepy. I'm allergic to peanuts.

Monday 27 September 2010

Time to write a blog.

Ahh, I guess it is about time I updated my blog by actually writing an update of my life; which I haven't done recently. As you can tell I have put up a few youtube links (I know... Sesame Street) and a couple of bits of writing, but no actual life blurbs. So, as I have no work to be getting on with and plenty of flute, piano and music theory to do, I thought I'd just give a quick summary of what I've been up to recently...

Um...

Well, to start with I have been getting into my films. Since my parents decided to enter the 21st century and get Sky TV, with multiroom so we can watch in the conservatory too, I have discovered the benefits of Sky Movies. I've never really been a movie person, unless the film is based between 1960-1990 and has some element of music, otherwise I'm not bothered. However, over the last couple of weeks I've watched Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist (Ok, music element), In Bruges, The Hangover, Monsters Vs Aliens (actually, I will confess I do have a thing for Disney Pixar and similar kids animated films...) and Sunday night, (500) Days of Summer. Which was awesome! Although I really don't understand what's so amazing about Zooey Deschanel. I've also got Juno on the planner for some point.

Keeping on the TV theme, I'm pretty pleased to have the Inbeweeners back on the screen. Oh, how it opens up a wide range of topics to discuss in tutorial on a Tuesday morning.

On the college theme, things are getting back into swing now we've been back a couple of weeks. The new cafe is preeeeetttty schweet. TV and everything. Quite impressed it has lasted this long with out some kind of food resembling substance chuck at it. For my Music Tech coursework I'm recording and producing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7v71mAkac8&ob=av2n coz I'm cool and hip like that, but it is such a feel good tuneage. I felt I must share that.

I've been out and about too, with band practise (notice the shameless plugs of the youtube videos) and going up city (anyone not from Norfolk, that means Norwich). Went to the Chinese the other week for the bf's 18th. It's an all you can eat place, so basically you eat, then the Chinese lady comes along and steals your plate as soon as you remove that last grain of rice. I don't understand why they do this. Surely that is just creating more washing up?! Considering it's an "all you can eat", if you had a real passion for Chinese food, you'd never leave.

Hmm, what else?

Oh, yes, for enrichment I've started Creative Writing. An interesting session with interesting people. Read http://peachyssej.blogspot.com/2010/09/and-this-is-what-i-got-out-of-creative.html to fully understand my life changing experience.

Finally, I think I will finish by reviewing my Carl Barat obsession. I have ordered a signed copy of his solo album, a copy of the movie "Telstar", the story of Joe Meeks, featuring Barat as Gene Vincent, and I am still deciding where will be best to order his biography from at the end of the week.

I've also realised the weather has officially become crap as my ginger tom cat has decided sleeping 7 hours straight on my bed is better than sleeping in birds nests, which he did all summer.

The end.

Ssej.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment