About moi

My photo
I'm awful at updating blogs; as I am typing and spelling... I'm a flautist and dabble in some guitar, piano and singing. I also have an interest in writing and history (nerd I am not). Marmite lover and synesthete; owner of two cats and a goldfish. Don't like planes much and I find octopuses (or is that octopi?) pretty creepy. I'm allergic to peanuts.

Friday 3 December 2010

A festive moan and stuff.

It's hit that time of year again. I could blab about Christmas lights and presents here, but I just can't be bothered. I'm not a big fan of this time of year; November - January. Last year I didn't have a particularly great time at this point, and although this year isn't half as bad, it's still not turning out that wonderful to be honest.

Snow has hit Norfolk. Yay.

I find it beautiful, how the snow dresses the naked branches of the sleeping trees and accessories the evergreens with white shall. And when you walk through those trees, through the country lanes, everywhere and everything is glistening, pure, peaceful and perfect.

But I'm pissed off with it. It's also a crappy reminder of past poop and it gets in the way of bloody everything. Like, tomorrow I have my music lessons, but they've been cancelled because it's too icey and I have a piano exam next week. Plus I have a driving lesson and I bet it will be cancelled, which is great when I'm ready to book my test. And then you have to worry about getting into college and whether it will be closed or not... I wish it would snow on a day when it doesn't actually matter, preferably Xmas day.

Xmas day is such a let down too. It's all over too quickly. You get up and before you know it you're eating chicken sandwiches from the lunch left overs and watching the Doctor Who special.

But, in my opinion, Christmas is the one day of the year when we should celebrate life, love, friends and family  and should thank everyone who means something to us for just being in our lives. Of course, we should do that all the time, but this period of the year is set aside to remind us, make us actually think about it. Throughout the rest of the year we just don't get the time, whilst this is the point where everything (should) slow down, giving back that important piece of time.

So that's my view on the festive period.

In other news, not much has been going on. I've see Athlete and Ellie Goulding at the UEA. Athlete were incredibly good, I can't believe it is only recently I have gotten in to them. Ellie's whole set was bloody amazing. It was all professional, with a full backing band and vocalists; stripped down acoustic section; video backdrop; beautiful staging and lighting; and her performance itself was unbeatable and energetic playing new tracks such as Lights and her cover of Your Song.

I can't really think of anything else for now.

Happy Xmas if I don't blog before.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment