About moi

My photo
I'm awful at updating blogs; as I am typing and spelling... I'm a flautist and dabble in some guitar, piano and singing. I also have an interest in writing and history (nerd I am not). Marmite lover and synesthete; owner of two cats and a goldfish. Don't like planes much and I find octopuses (or is that octopi?) pretty creepy. I'm allergic to peanuts.

Friday 31 December 2010

*Thing* of the day... Helena Bonham Carter Oh, this woman truly is a babe.

Oh, this woman truly is a babe. 

Nasty but classy, Bellatirx Lestrange makes Cruella Deville look like you average harmless dog sitter.
There is something scarily sexy about Helena Bonham Carter's character in the Harry Potter films. When she whines the line "Itty, bitty, baby Potter..." there's part of you that goes "Oooo, you biatch!". And that laugh... Oh. 

I guess it's being in a relationship of the king of all things dark, mysterious and just generally weird, Tim Burton that's helped.

I'm not a religious or massive HP fan, though I have read the books (Ok, my mum read me the books) and have seen all the films up to date; in fact, I even have a book about Quiditch. Despite that fact, I couldn't help but get a tiny bit excited when I watched HP and the Deathly Hallows recently. On a scale of 1 - Pee of excitement, it was probably a 7 - an "Awhh!" (Which I think I actually did say under my breathe in the cinema, as long as my boyfriend didn't hear me that's fine). I also let a tear slip when Dobby - don't read on if you haven't read/seen it - died. But that is a different matter.

Yes, I think I have the female equivalent to a "man crush" on both Bonham Carter and her alter ego, but if I was to be a villain for a day, faster than you could disapperate into Hogsmeade, I would choose Bellatrix Lestrange. 

There's also something quite *mmm* about Ron Weasley too...



I WANT TO BE HER.
Helena Bonham Carter - Bellatrix Lestange

No comments:

Post a Comment